The University of Gondar in partnership with Queen’s University (Canada) invites applications for qualified faculty members from UoG to pursue a PhD program in a range of disciplines. These PhD scholarships are fully funded by Mastercard Foundation at Queen’s University.
Applicants for these PhD Scholarships are required to develop dissertation research proposal focused on inclusive education, community based rehabilitation, or related issues facing people with disabilities and their families in Ethiopia or the continent of Africa more widely. We welcome proposals that aim to study issues directly related to people with disabilities.
English Language Requirements
It is clear on the call document that applicants should bring a complete application package and that includes English proficiency test score, e.g. IELTS 6.5 and above. However, some applicants may not have English proficiency test since the British Council shut down its operation since March and it is unknown when it will be open. Therefore, for those applicants who don’t have English test score, we encourage you to complete other requirements of the package and submit to the Faculty Development Coordinator (Dr. Adugna Abebe) through [email protected] . We hope that you will be able to sit for English test before we process the scholarship application and your application will be considered when you bring an English test score (e.g. IELTS 6.5 and above).
Call for application open
- June 01, 2020
Deadline for application submission
- August17, 2020 by 5:00 PM (Ethiopian time).
- College of medicine and Health Sciences
- School of Education
- Technology Institute
- Department of Social Work
- Department of Psychology
- Department of Sociology
- Gender and development Studies
- Development and Environmental management Studies
Eligible requirements for the Application Packages include:
- Professional CV
- Letter of intent/Letter of motivation consisting of the following points
- Describe your educational background and professional experience,
- What motivated you to be a part of the Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program?
- How does your research/education relate back to inclusive and quality education?
- What are you hoping to bring back to the University of Gondar once you have completed your studies
- Official transcripts (Applicants may alternatively submit their Student copy for the first phase of application)
- Letter of endorsement from home department ensuring the relevance of the field of study.
- Teaching effectiveness(student, peer and head evaluation)
- Publication if any
- Evidence for Active participation in UoG affairs & Professional contribution
- Certificate or evidence for rendering service to the community at large
- Dissertation research Proposal related to inclusive education, disability, or Community based rehabilitation ( up to 10 pages)
Note: Applicants should submit their application packages in one PDF file through [email protected]
For further information, please contact Faculty Development Coordinator, Dr.Adugna Abebe at his Cell Phone: 0911929536 and Email: [email protected]