Priority will be given to female applicants
June 1, 2021
The University of Gondar in partnership with Queen’s University (Canada) invites applications for qualified faculty members from UoG to pursue a PhD program in a range of disciplines. These PhD scholarships are fully funded by Mastercard Foundation at Queen’s University.
Applicants for these PhD Scholarships are required to develop dissertation research proposal focused on inclusive education, community based rehabilitation, or related issues facing people with disabilities and their families in Ethiopia or the continent of Africa more widely. We welcome proposals that aim to study issues directly related to people with disabilities.
English Language Requirements
Applicants should bring a complete application package including English proficiency test score, e.g. IELTS 6.5 and above.
Call for application open
- June 01, 2021
Deadline for application submission
- August 30, 2021 by 5:00 PM (Ethiopian time).
1. College of medicine and Health Sciences
2. School of Education
3. Technology Institute
4. Department of Social Work
5. Department of Psychology
6. Department of Sociology
7. Department of Gender and Development Studies
8. Department of Development and Environmental management Studies
9. Department of History and Heritage Management
10. Department of Journalism and Mass Communication
11. Department of Management
Eligible requirements for the Application Packages include:
1. Professional CV
2. Letter of intent/Letter of motivation consisting of the following points
- Describe your educational background and professional experience,
- What motivated you to be a part of the Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program?
- How does your research/education relate back to inclusive and quality education?
- What are you hoping to bring back to the University of Gondar once you have
completed your studies
3. Official transcripts (Applicants may alternatively submit their Student copy for the first
phase of application)
4. Letter of endorsement from home department ensuring the relevance of the field of study.
5. Teaching effectiveness(student, peer and head evaluation)
6. Publication if any
7. Evidence for Active participation in UoG affairs & Professional contribution
8. Certificate or evidence for rendering service to the community at large
9. Dissertation research Proposal related to inclusive education, disability, or Community
based rehabilitation ( up to 10 pages)
How to submit the application packages
Applicants are requested to submit a complete application package which should include all required documents in one PDF file to email@example.com, as well as in hard copy.
For further information
- Contact the Faculty Development Coordinator, Dr.Adugna Abebe, at his Cell Phone:
0911929536 and Email: firstname.lastname@example.org