Extension of deadline for full Scholarship to Queens University Canada and the opportunity for Free IELTS equivalent English training and examination
The deadline has been pushed to December 9, 2021 because of requests from applicants regarding the time taken to acquire the department support letter.
This is to inform all academic staffs of UoG that the Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program of UoG, in collaboration with Queen’s University in Canada, has prepared fully funded international English training and examination for UoG academicians who are potential candidates for MSc level training in the field of Occupational Therapy at the Queen’s University, Kingston Canada.
This Scholarship and English Proficiency training has limited spots and the following criteria will be used to select applicants for the fully-funded international English training as a preparation for MSc study in OT at Queen’s University, Canada. Requirements are as follows:
1. Applicants must be BSc_holders and academic staff members of UoG and can bring letter of support from their respective departments.
2. Applicants shall present evidence of previous attempt to take International English exam results (IELTS at least > 6.0 points or it’s equivalents)
3. Female outstanding academicians who fulfill the CGPA and other OT application criteria could be considered without evidence for a previous attempt to take International English Exam.
4. Applicants shall demonstrate commitment to fully attend the training (100% attendance) and take the examination up on completion.
5. Applicants shall be fully prepared and passionate to attend the MSc level Scholarship in OT at Queen’s University of Canada if found successful in English training, successfully passed the English test, fulfilled other requirements and accepted to pursue MSc in OT.
6. Applicants shall submit the hard copy document of their CV, Department support letter, motivation letter to Mastercard Foundation Office before December 1, 2021.
For more details please contact Nebiyu Mesfin (MD) via phone number +251 911743852 or Email: email@example.com. Potential applicant’s are advised to contact the office as soon as possible.
For more Information about Occupational Therapy Training, please visit the official website of the program at: https://uogqueensmcf.com/
Applicants for MSc in Occupational Therapy should fulfill the following:
=Applicants should have Bachelor or Master degree from a recognized University. Degrees can be from the following fields of study but are not limited to: Physiotherapy, Health Officer, Nursing, Optometry, Midwifery, Pharmacy, Psychology, Sociology, Social Work or Social Welfare, Engineering, Other relevant professions.
=Cumulative GPA of the applicants should be ≥ 3.3 on a 4.0 scale.
=Applicants must be willing to join the OT Department of University of Gondar (UoG) upon completion of their training at Queen’s University in Canada and must repay the scholarship if they are unable to provide at least four years’ continuous service to the University following completion of the MScOT degree at Queen’s.
=Applicants must not have a criminal record or outstanding charges.
=Communication is essential to succeed in the OT program at Queen’s. Applicants must have exceptional English test scores. Preference will be given to applicants who have already taken a recognized English test and have scored the following minimum:
=TOEFL with a minimum score 94 (iBT) with scores in the following ranges: reading – high (22-30); listening – high (22-30); speaking – good (26-30); writing – good (24-30)
-MELAB with a minimum score of 80
-IELTS with a minimum score of 8