Overview of the Graduate Program
The Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program (MCFSP) at the University of Gondar will award a total of 160 graduate scholarships for eight years, which started in the 2018/19 Academic year. The scholarship will directly benefit academically talented but disadvantaged youth from five East African countries – Ethiopia, Somalia, Eritrea , Djibouti and South Sudan. The Graduate Scholars Program is designed to help Scholars to acquire transformational and leadership skills and demonstrate high professional and scholarly competencies to effectively influence global, regional, national and local socioeconomic development trends. The Program is technically and financially supported by Mastercard Foundation and will avail excellent academic and nonacademic support to Scholars during their stay at University of Gondar.
THE ELIGIBLE PROGRAMS ARE:
- Gender and development studies
- Development and environmental management studies
- Public health
The following resources provide more information about the University of Gondar, campus facilities, policies and university regulations. If you have any question or cannot find specific information, please contact us (website: www.uogqueensmcf.com; email: firstname.lastname@example.org).
- FORMS, MANUALS AND ANNUAL SCHEDULE
- Application Package
- Annual Scholars Program Schedule
HOUSING AND ACCOMMODATIONS
- Admission policy on housing – please read UoG’s policy for admission to University housing
- Cafeteria and lounges – the University of Gondar has student lounges and cafeteriasat each of its five campuses. Cafeterias are open three times a day to provide meals for students and most lounges are open for 18 hours each day to provide meals and beverages for students and staffs.
The University of Gondar has five campuses. The University has a number of facilities including:
- Banking services – The Commercial Bank of Ethiopia (CBE) has a full-service branch at the Tewodros campus. ATMs are located at:
- The main gate of the University, Maraki (Dashen Bank, United Bank and Commercial Bank of Ethiopia)
- The Atse Tewodros Campus near the Post Office (Commercial Bank)
- The College of Medicine and Health Sciences and Hospital complex (CBE (3) and United Bank (1))
- Library Services – the University has nine libraries that provide a wide range of library services, including computer laboratories, digital resources, training and support for students with disabilities.
- Information Communications Technology (ICT) facilities – the University provides technology support through a main office at the Atse Tewodros Campus and through offices in all faculties. There are several computer laboratories on campus, and students have access to free internet services through a username and password.
- Guidance and Counseling Services – the University provides guidance and counselling services for all students, as well as community support services. Contact the Dean of Student Affairs for more information.
- Center for Disability Studies – the Center for Disability Studies sponsors and coordinates research and services for students with disabilities and is connected to the Center for Community Based Rehabilitation.
- Center for Community Based Rehabilitation – the Center for Community-Based Rehabilitation works to support the full integration of people with disabilities into their communities.
- Campus Security – Our Campus security team works to keep all staff, faculty and students safe while at the University.
Our campuses provide students with many opportunities to enjoy life outside of the classroom:
- Recreational facilities – student lounges and internet cafes;
- Sports and fitness facilities – our sport and fitness complex at CMHS is currently near completion. The football field, with a running track, located at Tewodros Campus is fully functional.
- Spiritual life – several churches and mosques are located near the University
- Health facilities – at the University Hospital, the University has a number of treatment centers, including an eye treatment center and support groups, that provide medical and health services for students with disabilities.
- Clubs and societies – join a student club and make new friends!
POLICIES AND REGULATIONS
- Official Academic Calendar – coming soon
- UoG Senate Legislation
- Scholars Handbook
- Students’ Code of Conduct – coming soon
- Disability Policy – coming soon
- Child Protection Policy – coming soon